Meeting With Eagles

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personal Vendetta? C'mon, dude. I guess it happens that I disagree with a lot of what you say, but I don't have a personal vendetta against you. I've disagreed with a numerous people on here...hopefully they don't think it's a vendetta. Christ...

You called out a number of unnamed posters as being conspiracy theorists. We've had evidence to the contrary. I'm not saying Nate is lying or anything. Different people have different perspectives. But PDiddy did say some of these coaches could have adverse feelings toward SLU or our coach. Your post inferred that is crazy talk. I simply pointed out otherwise and noted your own "personal vendetta" against our former coach.

Sorry for reading and responding to your posts. I'll let you live in your bubble.

>you are going to have to show me where I called P-Diddy a

>liar.

>

>No, my comment was more in relation to the theories abound

>that the reason we lost recruits like Roundtree was that we

>weren't willing to dip in the "slime" to talk with AAU

>coaches. Nevermind that we have been able to offer

>scholarships to freshmen like Griffey, Suggs, Brandenberg

>etc. as Sophs yet somehow we weren't able to recruit

>Roundtree because all the AAU coaches (many of whom are SLU

>grads) hate SLU. Yeah, all that makes a ton of sense.

>

>p.s. if Majerus really did schedule a face to face then blow

>them off for 45 minutes without calling then that is very

>poor form. Doesn't matter who you are and what your reason

>is, being 45 minutes late with no apologies wouldn't impress

>me.

>

>Nashville, its obvious you now have some personal vendetta

>against me. I won't bother to try and figure out why but

>I'll suggest you don't bother reading or responding to my

>posts. Believe me, there are plenty of posters that I

>largely ignore at this point so maybe you could do everyone

>a favor and either ignore me or stop reading between the

>lines so much as to accuse me of calling Pdiddy a liar.

If only you practiced what you preached.....

I've largely tried to leave your posts alone recently as I have tried to practice what I preach but admittedly sometimes it is just hard as I did feel the need to comment when you said you weren't wrong in your comments 4 months ago that Majerus would never coach SLU. That may go down as one of the all-time Billikenboard classics!

Nate, thanks. I didn't mean to imply that I had asked you that question.

By the way, there couldn't be a bigger fan of the RM hire, however, I would agree with "K" that ther is NO excuse for a lack of common courtesy--Rick should have called and said he was running late and offered an apology to the Eagles coaches IF IN FACT IT HAPPENED THE WAY IT HAS BEEN REPORTED. If it didn't happen that way then shame on those spreading that rumor.

Bauman

km, if the whole basis for the aau guys hardon is about the slu coaches continuing to recruit around them and now we got a commit from an eagle where possibly the same thing has happened, do you really think all is well with the aau folks? that would seem to me to be another example of going around them.

>My very bad. Thanks for the the clarification. The wolves

>are the are the team with a some players from AT old hs,

>right?

yep...both teams have good players, college prospects. Wolves just had a few commits recently. A lot of solid competitive Chicago AAU teams annually of course. There are two kids coming up through the ranks from Fenwick high school who will be nice prospects. AT was a superstar athlete in multiple sports at Fenwick.

>km, if the whole basis for the aau guys hardon is about the

>slu coaches continuing to recruit around them and now we got

>a commit from an eagle where possibly the same thing has

>happened, do you really think all is well with the aau

>folks? that would seem to me to be another example of going

>around them.

What exactly do you think the "AAU" coaches' role in the recruiting process is?

Does Majerus have to kneel down and kiss the rings of the coaches and ask for permission to recruit their kids?

College coaches recruit kids through their kids, their families and sometimes through their high school coaches — not through summer-league teams.

You have no idea what you're talking about here.

- Nate

to emphatically declare,

"College coaches recruit kids through their kids, their families and sometimes through their high school coaches — not through summer-league teams."

that the aau program and those coaches dont have a major major role in where high school players end up is crazy. sure not all do, lisch, liddell, meyer, polk are proof of that. but we also see plenty of aau coaches that are very much involved in the process. how you can deny that makes one wonder what you are talking about.

D1 hoops - the greatest show on earth.

I understand Brett played with the Eagles last year. Let's say he was still playing with them now. Do you think it would be politic to cut his aau coaches out of the recruiting process? My opinion, which can be swayed by good argument, is that it would be political suicide to do so; that the SLU coaches should always be in an appreciative mode for what these volunteer coaches do to help these players be the best they can be. For most of them, I suspect it's a labor of love and they would be more receptive to the recruiters who recognize that and return that love of the game. The players pick up all the vibes from the coaches - they might as well be good ones.