Mantas Griskenas signs with Wichita St

Maybe coach didn't think his skills & size would translate well to the Division I level. I know the article says he is 6'7" 220 lbs, but that is the biggest I have seen him listed. Most places have him as 6'6" and 205 lbs, maybe 210 lbs. If this is his true size I don't see how he was going to help SLU much in the paint. We have plenty of outside players.

Well I wish the Bill's could have landed him, however he has to go with his own wish. He was 6' 7" 205 3 yrs ago. {never seen him listed anyplace at 6' 6"} He put on weight at Three Rivers and any team that backed off must have seen him on a off night. 1st team Juco All-American # 22 on Rivals Juco players. At any rate I wish him well.

To say that Mantas had a few "off" nights is putting it mildly. I think the guy is a real enigma. Sometimes he would just disappear for long periods of time. If a scout saw him on one of these nights, he would certainly not have impressed. On the other hand, one can't help but be impressed by what he CAN do....

Mantas seems more at home on the perimeter, but he can still go get a lot of rebounds with his quickness and timing. I think he is a classic small forward in a day and age where it's much more common to play 3 guards...