Assistants?

It Wednesday already and we haven't gotten anything official. When will the assistants be announced, anybody know?

One thing that concerns me about all this is the apparent disregard for time. First they fire the coach at the end of the recruiting period and appear to take their time negotiating. Instead of announcing things Friday and having the press conference, we wait till Monday....the DAY BEFORE the recruiting dead period. Rick has already said he has a number of speaking arrangements that will keep him busy all summer...well, uh...who's running the team during all this? We have 3 open scholarships and no assistant coaches to fill them? What's the deal?

I guess the above appears to be negative, but that's really not what i'm going for. I'm just a little concerned. Thoughts?

signings can take place during the summer, that's when Dixon was signed last year, and there seems to be some JUCO players still out there. Also, I thought it was already determined that Thorpe would be retained as the top assistant.

as far as majerus speaking tour for the summer, i actually see that as a positive. i would assume a lot of that is coaching clinics and such. i.e. a chance to reconnect with contacts and make new inroads for referral sources.

second, a true leader would delegate. there isnt a lot of hands on "coaching" that is allowed over the summer anyway, what is can be accomplished by clever scheduling and utilizing his assistants.

i assume we have moser as an assistant. all i have heard is that thorpe is being retained, so really we are finding one other guy. considered the deal was just signed this past weekend, i dont have a problem that the staff hasnt been officially announced yet.

that all said, considering slu's actions the previous couple of weeks, who knows what is really going on. it might just be a summer of settling.

This is true, but I still think it would be good to make things official.

Just a thought I had after posting this. If no contracts have been signed, are there any rules regarding recruiting? For instance, let's say the rumored Moser becomes an assistant. If he hasn't signed on yet, could he potentially be out there recruiting even though we are now in a dead period?

dixon didnt "sign" anything binding. dixon would have been free to walk away up until the first day of school. i beleive slu issued an offer of financial aid or something like that, but i dont believe that binded dixon.

>dixon didnt "sign" anything binding. dixon would have been

>free to walk away up until the first day of school. i

>beleive slu issued an offer of financial aid or something

>like that, but i dont believe that binded dixon.

it bound SLU, that was enough for a late qualifier. But that was the old administration, the new one will run things a lot differently for the better.

AT is being retained as an asst. coach not the top asst. He is currently holding the fort down so to speak. I would doubt that once the dead period starts no coach can talk to recruits unless the recruit contacts them - contract or no contract. Although I guess you could be unemployed then talk to recruits.