Underclassmen who should have offers.

VTIME

It does narrow the field, but does a quality education mean the school is harder or just gives more work. I hear about SLU's academics and how great they are and I believe it, but does that mean its harder or just more acclaimed or higher rated? I think its more about effort than Brains. What is your alma mater by the way Mr. Griffey (high school and college.)

The point I'm making is SLU cannot offer everyone..just can't do it. Especially at the number of offers you suggest. I think your posts are a knock against the coach's. They may take a "risk" on one player a year acedemically or maybe one every 4 years?? I don't know their recrutiing rules and guidelines...and you probably don't have that inside info either?

Just a local boy.. Riverview and UMSL. late (70's early 80's) Not a big deal. Why? Long before you probably.. Played Normandy several times.

pomp, i have seen kenny handle the point on numerous occasions. he does fine there. is he likely going to be a point guard at the next level? probably not, but let's see how his senior season plays out now that mike malot moves on and o'fallon likely needs kenny to play more there.

i will say this, i like kenny more than i liked john redden as a senior at slu. and i liked john redden a lot.

not saying we should sign kenny leverette, but we could do a lot worse.

As a fan, how many times have you seen them not offer a local kid who wanted to come to SLU only to see him produce elsewhere. Too many times in my opinion. Are you suggesting that they wait for their top choices to commit before they offer the 2nd tier guys. That hasnt worked in the past. I listed 12 guys. 2 of them committed. 2 of them are high major talents. That comes down to 8 offers for 5 spots. Two guys from 08 that i didnt mention that have SLU offers are Jared Swopshire and Steve Moore. Swopshire moved away so he's probably a long shot, because he couldve stayed here if he wanted to go to SLU and more technically isnt an area guy and is getting high major interest. 8 offers for 5 spots is too much? I just dont see it. I guess we just agree to disagree.

Just the 1st tier. I thought I distinguished on my list. I listed the guys that were good, but not ready yet and needed good summers to prove themselves. Roundtree and Booker are committed, but i dont think you forget about them. A lot of those guys already have offers from SLU, and a few dont. I stated that on the list.

yea I agree...but some you mention on your list cannot and would not make acedemically.. So you cannot offer them. Moot point. Why offer someone who the coach's feel would not make it. It's not a numbers game?

How can you know a 2008 kid wont qualify this early? Isnt Tommie Liddell a classic example of what a kid can do if given a chance? What if SLU had given up on him? He's done fine in school at SLU. I agree, that you cant offer a bunch of kids that you feel wont qualify. That's very logical. If I knew for sure certain kids wouldnt qualify, I wouldnt put them on there. I put together a list of kids I felt are good enough to play for SLU and some underrated prospects who need a good summer to boost their stock.

>And you know for a fact that some of those 1st tier guys

>don't have offers?

I know some of them have offers for sure such as:

John Brandenburg 6'11 C Desmet HS

Brett Thompson 6'11 PF Vienna HS

Scott Sugss 6'6 SG/SF Washington HS

Jesse Perry 6'7 G/F Gateway Tech HS

Femi John 6'4 G McCluer North HS

Tyler Griffey

snd I would love if Richard Anderson in class of 2009 could get an offer. 2009 has a chance to be great. You could have a great frontline of Wiss at center, Anderson at pf, and Griffey at sf, that would be special.

>Abel Tillman's dad is a good friend of mine, him and his dad

>were at my house a couple of weeks ago.He's a really nice

>kid,dont be surprise is he transfers to East Side next

>year..

That would be incredible, teaming his with 6'8 Brandon Harold and the Sain twins on the perimeter.