Danny Brown out for 6-8 months with knee surgery

BB Scout

Word on the street is DB had knee surgery this past Monday and will be out 6-8 months. This is not good news coming out of the Billiken camp. Supposedly DB played this past season with a torn patella tendon in his knee and had surgery on Monday to repair it. Maybe that’s why his defense was slacking.....couldn’t move I guess. But thumbs up to Danny for gutting it out on a bum knee.

This bad news also means that Anthony Mitchell from East St. Louis will see the court early and often next season. Mitchell will be needed and called on to replace DB. Strange how bad news can sometimes turn out to be good news as this is the case for Mitchell. I expect Anthony Mitchell to be star by his third year for SLU. I really like this kid.

seems to be quite a difference in what we are being told on extent here.

if bbscout is correct, i would assume that danny thinks about taking a redshirt season.

i will say that danny's regression this past season makes some sense if the ligament damage is true.

I also happen to know that Danny's scooter was stolen from him on campus many months ago. I hope that his having to walk everywhere has not worsened his situation. I am sure that if one is accustomed to using a scooter, not using a scooter is harder than using a scooter.

Hats off to playing hurt, though I wish he'd taken care of it earlier, dependent on when it happened. But that's tough to tell a guy who cares about his team, no matter how turnover prone he may be. I hope he does redshirt, picks up another major, and comes back for a strong fifth year in 2008.

You raise a good point, though at this point, I'm not too worried about SLU using up all their scholarships and having to leave a 3 or 4 star guy out in the cold in 2008. I'm not sure what will transpire, and hopefully some of those guys are knocking down our door to come here. Best case scenario is Danny recovers quickly and plays out his senior year next year.

soderberg said today on ramsey's show that danny will be full strength by first day of practice in october.

>If Danny redshirts, that means 1 less scholarship for the

>2008 class?

>Is that right?

If a kid redshirts, it counts the same as if he didn't. If you have a team that loses two departing players and two openings for recruits...and a kid already on the team decides to redshirt, you still have two available scholarships, and not three. It still counts against the number of available scholarships.