Huggins dumps K-State for WV

AJ

Hugs has proved himself to be the ultimate self centered sob we always knew he was. Fired by UC after a DUI and player run ins with the law, KS gives him a second chance. Then bolts. Way to go Hugs. It's truly amazing to me how this guy can recruit so well...amazing.

I hope the plsyers that followed him to KState when he was hired get what they deserve and have to sit a year to transfer. I wish a school would just say NO .... you can't go. You must honor your contract. By allowing him to go KState gets what they deserve.

The good for KSt. they no longer have save free tickets for police officers, prison wardens, and probation officers.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

Talked with someone in the NCAA office and she told me of a loophole that recruits can use to get out of the committment when a coach leaves. It's just too bad that basketball recruits aren't knowledgeable of the process and miss out. I do feel SORRY for recruits who were given promises of a coaching staff and then they leave.

huggins is incredible. He comes to a perennial bottom feeder of the Big Twelve conference, gets them on the bubble of getting in despite the loss of a top notch recruit Bill Walker to injury, and lands a bunch of other top notch recruits. He can win and recruit anywhere. He is an elite college basketball coach.

In all fairness, Huggins sat out a year where he had zero restrictions recruiting kids and freely admits that not having those restrictions helped him greatly in recruiting when he went to Kansas State. He could have spent 24/7 with those kids and bought them Steak Dinners every night if he wanted to do so.

He also had a great staff of recruiters at UC, one was named National Recruiter of the year.

Is Huggins a very good coach and recruiter himself as well? yes.

what if Pullen and Sutton wanted together to come here, to St. Louis U.?? just a fantasy, probably. I wonder if Coach S. would bite? we could use a top 100, still growing rebonunding machine like Sutton. and with a 5th scholley we could still sign MG, or one of the other bigs.

regarding K-State.please read the following: http://www.kansascity.com/165/story/62437.html

In essence K-State hired an assistant to take over. He may have health problems, he has a history of recruiting violations at the high school level, and he may lack experience at the collegiate level. Some have defended Huggins move, but to me it reaks with self centerness. The resignation was late and it has left K-State in a lurch. Part of the problem has to do with a hasty decision by the AD, but Huggins could have showed some loyalty to a school that pulled him out of the dump and gave him a second chance. Some on this board advocate hiring an assistant for the sake of continuity, but the K-State situation shows that you have to check on the make up of the assistants and then act. You can hire an assistant from the staff or go outside the school. The criteria should be on how the head coach delegated. If he delegated you have a chance for a good hire regardless of whether it is from the present staff or outside.