Hey Roy, how'd Kellerman do?

chris did ok. he is inconsistent and wants to be a wing which is probably his college future, but at least go underneath on the defense. at this time, i still would rather have arthur sargent by far. he is pretty much a straight shooter now. you dont see much in the way of going to the basket at all. and defensively, like i said, he plays out of position.

the blackledge kid at carbondale was sure fun to watch. looks like harry rogers he is so skinny and at least 6'7". but had most of the highlight moves of the tourney.

west is tough. only lisch could have started on the team out of all of the althoff players. and althoff has a nice team. west was just dominating. mcpeak is a nasty player, but he plays so smart as well. he owned the middle. add to that the flyboys of sargent, price and jones, they are just awesome. i think the coach is making a mistake though playing basically just 5 guys. he is painting himself in a corner for down the road when he might actually need some of those kids on the bench due to injury or fouls. it would be different if he had zero talent on the bench, but at least 3 of the bench kids are the equal of linton, the 5th starter. they arent the same kind of player that linton is, but they have very good high school skills.

dentman was spectacular the whole tourney. i havent seen polk yet, but i hope he is better than dentman. it will pain me to see justin end up the better player.

shaw was so good as well. we have discussed him ad nauseum though. shaw is bigger and better than chris sloan right now imo. and i love chris sloan. he would have been the perfect player to replace chris.

Hey billiken_roy you said that Purdue's not recuiting Lisch. Purdue assistant coach Counzo Martin was in Centralia at the Althoff game. Talked to him at half time. At half Lisch had 6 points he said "I don't know about a guy that can't score against a 6-1 sophomore" he was joking around he knows how good Lisch is.

Also he said Purdue missed out on Shaw. They recuited Shaw tell he got hurt his Jr year. He was real impressed with Shaw 24pts 20r 6b

I don't think Matt Shaw would contribute as much as the more mature and the more experienced Chris Sloan (today in C-USA), but Shaw has excellent tools and will be an excellent SIU player. By Shaw's junior-senior year at SIU, he points and rebound numbers will be higher than Sloan's numbers at SLU. I also don't believe that it is possible for Shaw to play with as much energy and heart as Sloan, but Shaw is a very competitive player.

IMO, one of the things that may have contributed to Matt Shaw's being under recruited is the fact that, for the most part, in high school and in AAU ball he has played in the low post. You don't see many 6-6 post players in the Big10, Big East or C-USA. With a little more work on his ball handling (left hand), I think Shaw's best college position would be the three spot. He is a good leaper, a good mid-range shooter, and has good enough feet to defend another small forward.

martin might be nosing around, but i can assure you that purdue isnt in the running. i hope cuomzo and xaiver are very happy together.

btw, price did not score a point on lisch last nite. the only points he had (and i dont think he even got in double figures) were when kevin was out resting.

as to centralia "stopping" kevin. if you want to call 17 points "stopping him" whatever. let's not lose sight of the fact that kevin was double and triple teamed whenever he touched the ball. my guess is that centralia will pay in belleville.

great point as dwayne is reputed to be an academic all-star. he will definitely fit in at slu better from that angle.

>"i havent seen polk yet, but i hope he is better than

>dentman.

Although I have never seen Dentman play I have seen Polk. All the quickness Polk was reputed to have lost is back. Great leader and

team player. Had 14 points at the half and could've scored more if he

wanted to at the MLK Shootout. He was taking shots from NBA range and

was making them. Another player for Vashon that impressed me was either Johnny or Bobby Hill. The left-handed shooter. Very active nice rotation to his shots and looks to be a great defender. I expect him to defend Liddell in their matchup.

>