Devonna Smith commits to SLU

VTIME

I went to the SLU v. Arkansas game this year. Arkansas was ranked #23 and their biggest player on the court was 6'2 she was a little wider than that. SLU has a big girl at 6'3 or something and she is young she had stress fractures during that game. So they can win without much height.

teandrau smith is a given. i say smith is the most talented and most potential in all the st louis area. including this year's seniors (i.e. shakira included).

i'd take morgan harrington from belleville east. she is probably the most fundamentally sound point guard in the st louis area.

bills started 3 4 freshman last year and Amy Klotz improved greatly as the season went on. We have a great recruiting class coming in and are moving to a new arena soon. We won our first game in a conference tournament in some time and lost by 1 to the eventual champion at their home. That is what I call a program on the rise.

i meant that teandrau smith should be shimmy's top target. the holy grail for her recruitingwise.

In the '08 class, TeAndrea Smith is an immediate impact type player! Jones is good, but Smith is superior skill wise and athletically! The down-fall on Smith is that she will have to go Juco or to a state school that has low admission standards. Shimmy and her asst. Tony has spent several hours in the high school recruiting this kid, but she hasn't learned how to work hard in the books yet.

Devonna is an athletic freak. At 6-0, she dunked one of the small giveaway balls after a women's game - In JEANS! The kid's best ball is still ahead of her as she continues to learn the game! V, you are correct, Devonna is the real deal.

Saw where someone on the dispatch forum says this program can't win with Shimmy coaching! As Dr. Phil would say, "Are you nuts!"

I was at that game, also. And you're right, they almost won. I believe if Amanda had played throughout the year, they would have won 4 or 5 more games, including the Arkansas game. I think that proves my point. Arkansas, which by the way fell apart the rest of the year, and several others were winable games, if we could have scored a couple of cheap baskets inside, and defended and rebounded better.

i saw her in her final game vs hazelwood. she was fantastic.

my comments above about smith arent a putdown of shakira jones. my comments are to rave about smith.