My Postgame Thoughts

Believe it or not, I am not suggesting we fire Brad. We played a game tonight in which the guys clearly had no legs.

However, I have some serious concerns about whether he is the man to take this program to the expected the NCAA-bid level. Without even discussing strategy/coaching specifics, I have noticed a pattern that in every "must win" game that would put SLU on the national map--whether a first round game against St. Joe, an early season game at A&M, a national game against no. 2 UNC, or a semifinal against GW with an injured URI awaiting--his team lays an absolute egg and looks completely lost and unprepared. By contrast, Spoon and Romar had a knack for winning the big games.

Tonight, with the biggest game of the year on the line, Brad's team went something like 18 minutes without a field goal. I know his guys were tired, I know GW runs pressure D, but I can't believe that in 18 minutes of basketball a coach can't find a set play or strategic substituion that can get you 1 frickin field goal.

It isn't disappointing that we lost tonight; it is very disappointing how we lost.

It's time.. NCAA or bust was the motto this year. Why should we keep this guy. They won't be better next year and he can't recruit anybody that will make us NCAA tourney caliber.. If this team was in the old C-USA we would have won 5 coference games. They are a lost cause with him at the helm.

What make you think things will change with this staff. GW was way way more talented than us and this was supposed to be our GREAT YEAR!!!! Please end this joke of a coaching staff PLEASE!!

When was the last time you saw Brad run a great set play that the players didn't create. I would say it was against UNC-Charlotte last year when we threw the ally-oop to Tommy on the in-bounds play. I can't remember one single play he ran off a time out or towards the end of a game/half this year to do something positive. BTW please don't tell me the IV tip was a set play.

However, I'd say UMASS had a few nice in bound set plays off of time outs/in bound plays where they had something set up to go inside and push it back out or they ran a screen and got points. Even the announcers caught wind of that.

CAG