Shimmy contacted by Michigan

Words has it that Shimmy has been contacted by University of Michigan for the vacant Head Coaching Position. As you all know Shimmy played her college ball at Michigan, wouldn't be a bad hire for a program like UM and it would be great for Shimmy, but lets hope she does not leave.

In the season ticket holder pre games she talked like she was in for the long term and to build the program. I think she will be around for a while.

Posted Image

Posted Image

"I was on fire, I was hotter than a pistol" Jason McElwaine

If theres no SLU basketball in heaven I'm not going!!!!!!

Official Billikens.com Sponsor of Chris Sloan and Billiken Volleyball

and Official Billiken.com Online Video Guy

Michigan has a pretty crappy program but its the Big Ten. Unless SLU offers her a million dollars she would be crazy to turn down Michigan.

That said I'm sure she is just one of many candidates they are interviewing. Unless we have both an inordinate amount of success and pay her a lot of money Shimmy will be gone eventually probably sooner rather than later. My hope is she can lay the foundation for a better program.

I just spent about 45 minutes reading about the situation at Michigan. First of all, I could not BELIEVE that it their coach was Cheryl Burnett. She was tearing it up down at SMS when I was a student in Columbia. Good lord, it's amazing that she just totally tanked in Ann Arbor.

Obviously, there are huge problems at Michigan in basketball. They have gone from NCAA Champs in '89 to complete bumblers. It's pretty amazing, given their sheer name recognition power and awesome academic environment.

Still would grab the job if I were Shimmy, but Burnett's failure is a terrible omen for the next coach.

I have talked several times with Shimmy about her desire to build her own program at SLU. She was really excited about the prospect and she has a number of young women on the team now and coming in for next year that she recruited by telling them that she was trying to build something special. I sure hope she stays!

Its only been two seasons. She's brought in some talented players with more on the way but she has not had any success to speak of yet. When she gets an NCAA berth or two for SLU she will be getting calls from every major AD in basketball, until then a program would have to be pretty deparate to go after her at this stage of her career. Of course that pretty desperate program could very well be Michigan.

You took the words out of my mouth. And the last one was a complete joke, based upon something he just made up. I don't remember the specifics, but I don't think that was his first time either.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

Hell, there are a lot of jobs open in WBB. Look at the two in the SEC, why wouldnt Shimmy Leave SLu, if another school offered her more money, better facilities, better campus, better conference, of course she is going to leave b/c the opportunity might not come around again.

I wont be shocked if a SEC or Pac 10 or Big 10 school ends up getting her, she isa young coach that knows what she is doing. Its not like SLU would keep her around for 10 years if she lost like they did with JPIZZI.

So SHimmy could leave and I would not blame her, if Cheryl want to keep her they better give her a raise in salary and her asst coaches, kind of like what they did to Charlie Weis at Notre dame.

She would need incentives to stay. So would Levick. If Fr. Biondi wants to free up the money, and also delegate to Levick and let her do here job, SLU has a chance at keeping both a while. If he can't do either of these things, what incentive is there for either to stay? Bot are building that resume, polishing it up. It is up to Biondi now.

No big time program is going to hire her till she has a winning season. She has been great here so far, but a coach with no winning seasons would be a tough sell for any AD. That said, they beter be willing to pay her and pay her soon. The suitors will be a coming next year.

>No big time program is going to hire her till she has a

>winning season. She has been great here so far, but a coach

>with no winning seasons would be a tough sell for any AD.

>That said, they beter be willing to pay her and pay her

>soon. The suitors will be a coming next year.

I don't think it is premature for Shimmy or Levick. But SLU can get caught with their pants down if they want.

Since I have not posted on her in a LONG time, since I have had no information to report, this is a topic I am familiar with. Thru my sources around town, Shimmy has been contacted by Michigan and Arkansas and a school on the West Coast. It does not suprise me, she is an up and coming coach wo has all the potential to do great things, just like Jeff Capel at Oklahoma.

I hate to say this but I think she will probably be gone by April, the only way I see her staying is giving her and her staff a lot of money to stay. I know she has recruited a bunch great kids but this is the business, that is what everybody forget coaching is a business, you can not worry about hurting the players feelings. SHE IS GONE

>I hate to say this but I think she will probably be gone by

>April, the only way I see her staying is giving her and her

>staff a lot of money to stay. I know she has recruited a

>bunch great kids but this is the business, that is what

>everybody forget coaching is a business, you can not worry

>about hurting the players feelings. SHE IS GONE

Big deal. If they give her a "shitload" of money, I'll be the first one down to SLU sniping at Biondi and Levick. Don't waste a dime on XX chromosome basketball. It's just not worth it.