• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

>I said Romar "sucks".

>

>The point is that with all of Romar's success and

>well-publicized recuiting, you could expect that by his 5th

>year they'd really be moving. I think it's pretty clear.

>

>This may be a stumbling block for him. Time will tell.

Exactly...they are "really moving"....3 NCAA's 2 sweet 16 appearances in his first 4 years...at a school that won what 10 games a few years before his arrival?

I consider his accomplishments and program direction nothing short of exceptional. Fans camp out for games, terrific crowds, great campus buzz...great on court success past 4 years. Has terrific Frosh and Soph recruits...kids who turned down Duke and UNC to play there...has very good players signed for the next 2 years as well. He is sending kids to the pros(Brandon Roy...Hawes is next)...nearing .500 league mark with a team that played without Hawes a few games, and a league considered one of best in country this year....and has zero seniors, and one junior who plays.

Romar has done an exceptional job at Udub. and nothing short of that. Are you trying to be funny? or seriously questioning how well he is doing there? If those first 4 year results aren't ..."really moving"....I don't know what is.

hard to believe courtside and i agree today but courtside is right imo.

let's not forget he convinces an undersized safety from the football team to come out to the huskies basketball team his first year at washington and the kid now plays for the knicks.

every program takes dips but as courtside documents, all the pieces are in place for a big comeback next year.

>>I said Romar "sucks".

>>

>>The point is that with all of Romar's success and

>>well-publicized recuiting, you could expect that by his 5th

>>year they'd really be moving. I think it's pretty clear.

>>

>>This may be a stumbling block for him. Time will tell.

>

>Exactly...they are "really moving"....3 NCAA's 2 sweet 16

>appearances in his first 4 years...at a school that won what

>10 games a few years before his arrival?

>

>I consider his accomplishments and program direction nothing

>short of exceptional. Fans camp out for games, terrific

>crowds, great campus buzz...great on court success past 4

>years. Has terrific Frosh and Soph recruits...kids who

>turned down Duke and UNC to play there...has very good

>players signed for the next 2 years as well. He is sending

>kids to the pros(Brandon Roy...Hawes is next)...nearing .500

>league mark with a team that played without Hawes a few

>games, and a league considered one of best in country this

>year....and has zero seniors, and one junior who plays.

>

>Romar has done an exceptional job at Udub. and nothing

>short of that. Are you trying to be funny? or seriously

>questioning how well he is doing there? If those first 4

>year results aren't ..."really moving"....I don't know what

>is.

He also sent Nate Robinson and bobby Jones to the pros.

>They're in 8th place this year and we keep reading about all

>of his great recuiting. Maybe they'll bounce back next

>year.

You've officially reached troll status. His recruiting has been exceptional. ...I didn't know this year's nobody informed me. His on and off court success has been exceptional in his 4 seasons at Washington. Exceptional. His current Frosh and Sophs exceptional classes, ...very strong 07 and 08 classes coming in.

Huh? Go troll another board. No one on this board would agree with you. Please show me any other coach that inherits a pile of bleep...and accomplishes all of that in his first 4 seasons.

I asked why such as great recruiter like Romar is in 8th place. How is that trolling? Sorry, I didn't realize LR was such a wet dream for you. Geez.

Since you obviously can't comprehend things, I'll repeat. I like Romar. I just think that people here have an over-inflated opinion of the job he did at SLU. I keep reading about what a great recruiter and coach he is and wonder why he's in 8th place with all his own guys. He's had a good run out there and I hope it continues. He's a nice guy.

We'll see how good they are this the rest of this year and then next season.

AND......show me where I said he "sucks" you chicken!

>I asked why such as great recruiter like Romar is in 8th

>place. How is that trolling? Sorry, I didn't realize LR

>was such a wet dream for you. Geez.

>

>Since you obviously can't comprehend things, I'll repeat. I

>like Romar. I just think that people here have an

>over-inflated opinion of the job he did at SLU. I keep

>reading about what a great recruiter and coach he is and

>wonder why he's in 8th place with all his own guys. He's

>had a good run out there and I hope it continues. He's a

>nice guy.

>

>We'll see how good they are this the rest of this year and

>then next season.

>

>AND......show me where I said he "sucks" you chicken!

If even Roy and I can agree on something...that is pretty strong. I ask any poster come and agree with you on this topic. I don't have a wet dream for him...classy stuff...but I am used to that here.

I ask again....please give me an example where a coach inherited a bad team....and accomplished more in less than 5 years. Udub wasn't a hoops power...and Bender was going 10-20 at the end.

You keep saying...if he is such a great recruiter....he is...not only because he keeps recruiting highly sought after highly talented players there...but he is also winning there at a high level. I am not sure I understand your point. He has done exceptional there.

Is your point that a coach can't have one season in his building/rebuilding process in which he isn't fighting for an elite 8 game? Not sure I understand. after today 7 of his first 11 conference games will have been road games ...in one of top few conferences in America. ....all that with Frosh and Sophs...this isn't a coach in his 5th year, playing against Western Illinois every night.

For one, I will wait and see how he finishes and actually wait for the season to play out.....

Secondly...Nothing will take away the important things....as in winning, sending kids to next level, creating huge demand for tix where people literally camp out for tix. He is doing all of these things....and you come here in snotty tone trying to flame and think you aren't trolling? Got it.

Ok, I will play along...say you aren't. Say you are just that underinformed.

Why is such a great recruiter like Romar in 8th place?

7 of first 11 on road in conference with a Frosh Soph team...will get you every time....and double so....in one of nation's best conferences. This isn't like comparing 8th place in A10 or MVC etc...also...Udub wasn't a year in and year out basketball factory prior to his arrival. Have you seen his kids play? I think they would be doing a little better in an easier conference.(understatement)

Romar doesn't get a free pass....nobody does....but Romar's first 4 year accomplishments on and off the court imo are nothing short of extraordinary. When kids like Brockman turn down Duke, and Hawes UNC...that is recruiting. 3 in NCAA's in 4 years, nothing short of wow!!! and to get deeper runs a few times. wow. It takes many coaches much longer to have success...most never even achieve it...and many others ...are more mixed results.

Of all the coaches in the country you pick, Romar is the one guy doing great things out in Seattle.

You are actually concerned ...."hope it continues".....do you even watch college basketball...or have seen his team play. No chance you have even read up on the subject if you haven't seen his team play.

He has big time Frosh and Soph talent...BIG time. Do you follow who misses what games etc...?

Now your topic is changing ....to SLU....not once has this topic been about SLU....please stay on topic or start another thread.

This topic was about Romar, current season and his results in Seattle.

footes, i think people now wonder why he didnt have more success while here. there is no doubt he left the roster more or less a shambles with 3 players not moving to soderberg because of academics and hollins refusing to come, and the won loss record went downhill each year when spoon really didnt leave him much beyond justin love either.

yet he goes to washington and has two top 15 years, has 4 players already in the pros has a top rated recruiting class coming again next year. hard to argue that.

as to his year this year, dont lose sight of the fact that both robinson and roy left early. where would we be next year if lisch and liddell both were gone?

>I didn't say anybody thought he did a great job at SLU. I

>said people have an inflated opinion of his coaching and

>recruiting at SLU.

>

>I also never said Romar "sucks". You and courtside are

>starting to act alike!

No...I will get Roy's back here Footes....YOU changed the subject. Look at your posts again....this is a big pet peeve of mine on the board. stay on topic and don't twist words...etc...

When did this ever be about SLU..? You started a thread....had nothing....absolutely nothing to do with SLU. If that was your intent....the response back may have been different. But that wasn't your first post, or follow up post...finally you mention SLU as the topic.....huh? start a new thread...this isn't a SLU thread....it is about Romar in Seattle and you started this thread not me ....or even Roy.

Romar has been great for UW. Recruits are, and have been great. They play an uptempo, exciting brand of basketball. The reason they are 3-6 is because they lost NBA Top 10 pick Brandon Roy and another player, Bobby Jones, to the NBA. They also lost an excellent power forward in Jamal Williams, and a key reserve named Jensen.

They should have beaten UCONN in the Sweet 16 game last year if not for poor decision making in the final 20 seconds of regulation, which brings me to a weakness of Romar teams. They do not play good defense. They foul way too much. They play as if they do not have a high basketball IQ.

I do not see this team making the tournament unless they pull off a few upsets, including today at Arizona. They definitely will make the tourney next year, but I see the youth and poor defense doing them in this year.

Looking at their roster and seeing what they lost from last year, you would have to view this as a bit of a rebuilding year for Washington. Next year they should be nice with Appleby as a senior, Brockman and Dentmon as juniors, and Hawes and Pondexter as sophomores to go along with another quality recruiting class. They also have two other freshmen who are producing for them in Nelson and Oliver. They will return essentially all of their production next season assuming Hawes doesn't jump to the league.

Has anyone else noticed the striking resemblance of Kramer Soderberg to Spencer Hawes?

>Looking at their roster and seeing what they lost from last

>year, you would have to view this as a bit of a rebuilding

>year for Washington. Next year they should be nice with

>Appleby as a senior, Brockman and Dentmon as juniors, and

>Hawes and Pondexter as sophomores to go along with another

>quality recruiting class. They also have two other freshmen

>who are producing for them in Nelson and Oliver. They will

>return essentially all of their production next season

>assuming Hawes doesn't jump to the league.

>

>Has anyone else noticed the striking resemblance of Kramer

>Soderberg to Spencer Hawes?

I'd be surprised if Hawes came back...he loves Udub, his dad played there too...but he could be a top 5 pick. Losing those early NBA departures...should count FOR a coach and not against. A coach whould be judged for what he does for a school or program....and I count the list of NBA or pro players etc....and count that FOR a coach every time. I am not sure many people do.

The topic was about Romar and his team this year. The initial post mentions his recruiting. Bringing up his recruiting at SLU in passing is not changing topics. According your your terms there would be no replies allowed.

Talking about RPI and comparing conferences is much further from the subject, and you're the one who did that.

One more thing, don't tell me what to do. You're no moderator, so take your orders and shove them up your caboose. Bossy people with no authority is my pet peeve.

>The topic was about Romar and his team this year. The

>initial post mentions his recruiting. Bringing up his

>recruiting at SLU in passing is not changing topics.

>According your your terms there would be no replies allowed.

>

>Talking about RPI and comparing conferences is much further

>from the subject, and you're the one who did that.

>

>One more thing, don't tell me what to do. You're no

>moderator, so take your orders and shove them up your

>caboose. Bossy people with no authority is my pet peeve.

Nothing like more out of control internet message board threats....sigh.

>This thread has nothing to do with RPI, Big East.

Find once where I was the originator in taking this thread off topic. Same as all other threads.

You initiated the thread, you then changed what it was about. Not me....and you won't find me doing it in any thread.

You can stalk all of my posts all you like...