• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 thetorch

thetorch

Listener of the Streets

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,146 posts
  • Interests:The Billikens, Mid Century Modernist Architecture, Kafka, & Stoner Rock

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:45 AM

To get somewhat back on topic.

McCaw and Doby quit the Eagles this weekend. Doby is on Mac Irvin, McCaw All Ohio.

Doby has gotten into some trouble at CBC and it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't play there at all next year or was removed midseason.

I like Barnett & McCaw. NH is right, MCCaw's recruitment level has not been determined, he may be a mid to low major player & I don't kow how much interest SLU has in him. Barnett is a stud and could blow up into a top 100 player. Barnett has a lot of teams coming after now, SLU may have become an afterthought.

#22 ACE

ACE

Listener of the Streets

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:59 AM

This could be part of it. V-time posted a lot more frequently under the old name and shortly after the name change than in the past year or so. He was a lot more pro-SLU than STLHI is now.

Also, there can be SLU fans that think we'd get beaten by Mizzou or Illinois or whoever. It's okay not to think we'll win every game. Yes, it's annoying when it's a pattern. But it doesn't mean when he makes a single comment we need to come down on him for his entire history.

If that's the case, I would reply to every single post from Metz with a reminder that this is his 20th or so username here because he has a long, long pattern of saying something bigoted or otherwise offensive or even making physical threats toward Steve and getting banned. But not every post deserves that.

True, but Insider said that we could not "hang" with Mizzou or Illinois. That is a ridiculous statement, particularly in the case of Illinois... a team that didn't even make the postseason of any kind. We also did a pretty good job "hanging" with number 1 seed Michigan State. It stands to reason at the very least, that we could "hang" with the two teams that he has so much admiration for. Not everybody needs to be a SLU pom pom waver, but this guy is a damn fool.

#23 JMM28

JMM28

Listener of the Streets

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:02 PM

Also, there can be SLU fans that think we'd get beaten by Mizzou or Illinois or whoever. It's okay not to think we'll win every game. Yes, it's annoying when it's a pattern. But it doesn't mean when he makes a single comment we need to come down on him for his entire history.

I have no problem with a SLU fan saying that we wouldn't win every game. I do have a problem when trolls come on and do it.

#24 brianstl

brianstl

I have reached billiken_roy levels of posting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,148 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:51 PM

VTime and his brother have always been more intrested in promoting themselves than promoting local basketball talent. Everything is always about them. The post about Harris-Stowe was a perfect example.
No excuses this year.

Posted Image

#25 Pistol

Pistol

Listener of the Streets

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:52 PM

I have no problem with a SLU fan saying that we wouldn't win every game. I do have a problem when trolls come on and do it.

Me too. I'm all for banning people like MUTGR.

#26 Pistol

Pistol

Listener of the Streets

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:53 PM

True, but Insider said that we could not "hang" with Mizzou or Illinois. That is a ridiculous statement, particularly in the case of Illinois... a team that didn't even make the postseason of any kind. We also did a pretty good job "hanging" with number 1 seed Michigan State. It stands to reason at the very least, that we could "hang" with the two teams that he has so much admiration for. Not everybody needs to be a SLU pom pom waver, but this guy is a damn fool.

That is a ridiculous statement. All I'm saying is that all in all, STLHI is fairly harmless.

#27 Pistol

Pistol

Listener of the Streets

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:55 PM

To get somewhat back on topic.

McCaw and Doby quit the Eagles this weekend. Doby is on Mac Irvin, McCaw All Ohio.

Doby has gotten into some trouble at CBC and it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't play there at all next year or was removed midseason.

I like Barnett & McCaw. NH is right, MCCaw's recruitment level has not been determined, he may be a mid to low major player & I don't kow how much interest SLU has in him. Barnett is a stud and could blow up into a top 100 player. Barnett has a lot of teams coming after now, SLU may have become an afterthought.

What are the 'issues' that Doby had? He sat out this year because he transferred from Cahokia, right? Was he running from something?

Mizzou is heavily involved in Barnett's recruitment. Are they going to try to pull the trifecta here?

#28 thetorch

thetorch

Listener of the Streets

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,146 posts
  • Interests:The Billikens, Mid Century Modernist Architecture, Kafka, & Stoner Rock

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:21 PM

What are the 'issues' that Doby had? He sat out this year because he transferred from Cahokia, right? Was he running from something?

Mizzou is heavily involved in Barnett's recruitment. Are they going to try to pull the trifecta here?

Doby played most of the year on CBC's JV squad, he was kicked off late in the season after getting into a physical altercation with teammates. McCormack says his issues will have no bearing on whether he will suit up for the varsity this upcoming season, I find that hard to believe.

With the 3 of them splintering off the Eagles I also would find it likely that not all of them are coming back to CBC. All 3 of them wont play on the same AAU team doubtful they would play on the same college team, much less Mi$$ou who only has real interest in Barnett.